What do you do if you hear a fire alarm at work?
This is an emergency situation, so as soon as you hear a fire alarm, get yourself out of your seat and exit the building via the fire exits as quickly as possible. Fire spreads fast, and you don’t always know how long you’ve got before your means of escape are blocked.
What steps do you take when you hear a fire or safety alarm call?
Raise the alarm
- If safe to do so ensure the immediate safety of anyone within the vicinity of the fire.
- Raise the alarm if not already sounding, using a break glass alarm panel or by shouting ‘Fire, Fire, Fire’ if a panel is not available. …
- Phone Security (call 6488 2222). …
- Evacuate the immediate area.
What is the best way to respond if you hear the fire alarm has been activated?
If you smell smoke or gas, or hear a fire alarm:
- Immediately stop all work, turn off all electrical equipment and open flames, and close windows.
- Remain calm.
- Don’t open the door fully right away; instead, open it slowly, keeping your head back in case there is fire in the immediate area.
How do you respond to a fire alarm?
Fire Alarm Response
- Immediately evacuate the building to the outside.
- NEVER go back to retrieve personal belongings.
- Move away from the front of the building to allow the fire fighters and their trucks to access the building.
What is the best response to a fire?
What To Do if a Fire Starts
- Know how to safely operate a fire extinguisher.
- Remember to GET OUT, STAY OUT and CALL 9-1-1 or your local emergency phone number.
- Yell “Fire!” several times and go outside right away. …
- If closed doors or handles are warm or smoke blocks your primary escape route, use your second way out.
How do you turn off a fire alarm in an apartment?
Manually pressing and holding the “silence” button on the smoke detector/fire alarm will cause it to stop sounding but not permanently turn it off. On older models, you may need to unscrew the alarm from the wall or ceiling and hold down a button on the back.
What 4 actions would you take in the event of a fire?
- Be prompt and calm.
- Turn off any hazardous machinery.
- Do not stop to collect personal belongings.
- Head to the nearest fire exit.
At what point do you sound the fire alarm?
When the fire alarm is activated, building occupants will hear a horn which will sound FOUR-FOUR-FOUR (4-4-4). The duration of this signal will be approximately fifteen (15) seconds. A pre-recorded voice message (female voice) will be heard over the building intercom system.
What happens if a fire alarm goes off?
When the fire alarm goes off, a signal is sent to a monitoring station, which forwards the message to the fire department. In mere seconds, emergency responders are on their way to your business.